Wednesday, April 20, 2011

who loves you?

I see pain in the world.

I used to ask God for the capacity and willingness to love. And in a way, I think I have gotten it. But I find that it is tiring to love. Especially in a day and age where love is being looked on with scepticism. There must always be a motive, they say. There cannot be true love, they say. O, what has society become? Suspicious about something as pure as love?

(But they aren't wrong. I have a motive. There is something that motivates me to love others as myself. This something I'm sure we are all familiar with)

Maybe they just don't get it. I want to take their hand and run this race together with them. But they don't get it.

Can you think of someone who loves you? Someone who wants to take your hand and run this race together with you? But do you get it?

Isn't it sad when someone loves you so much, but you simply don't get it? It's a painful feeling.

Jesus loves you.

-Jont

No comments:

Post a Comment