Thursday, April 21, 2011

and freedom

Before reading, click play and have the music play in the background.

That's good.

Today, I shall think about GTA San Andreas. Yeah, that old game. But I love it. Because it gives me the freedom to do whatever the hell I want. I can get a bicycle and cycle on the beach. I can steal a quad bike and bash around in the forests and fields. I can rent a four-by-four and travel the vast nothingness of the desert. I can grab a camera and travel the world.

But wait, I can.

My dream is to travel the world. I really really want to travel the world. Just lose myself in the beauty of this earth. Here's a list of all the things I'll ever need if I had the chance to leave my life behind and roam this earth.

Bible.
For if I ever get lost. And so I can continue learning and sharing. I'd like it to be not too big, NIV, preferable waterproof and with a little bookmark with my name on it.

Camera.
Any camera will do. Really. This is what I'll be spending my time doing. Just travelling the world and taking photos. Maybe some extra memory cards and one or two more lenses. Tripod optional.

iPod.
I don't want anything with internet access. It'll just mess things up. This will do, loaded with all my favourite songs. And of course, my trusty earphones.

Bicycle.
Oh yes! I'll cycle around the world. And where I can't cycle I'll just give the damn thing away and get another one whenever I can. Extra tires and pump preferable.

Notebook.
For me to pen (see next item) down my thoughts. Whenever I get internet access I'll transfer these to my blog (not this one!). This is how people like you will know I'm still alive. Oh, and just in case you're wondering, my photos will be on a proper photoblog.

Pen.
This is probably the only way you'll hear from me personally. Once in a blue moon I'll write a note back home, or send a postcard. I'll remind you that I still remember you, but that I don't wanna go home any time soon. Maybe you can come visit me?

Is that all? Maybe. I'm still growing up. I don't know what I want in life yet. But for now, all the things above should suffice to keep me happy: God, photography, writing, music.

And freedom.

-Jont

No comments:

Post a Comment