Thursday, June 13, 2013

we will run

My knee has (kinda) recovered (I think) (maybe) (probably).

Went running (short distances; ~3km) the past two days and it didn't give me any problems. This means I can start training for my 2.4km run which will be after my exams, giving me just over a month to train for a silver. If I don't get a silver (C grade for 2.4), I'll have to go in early for army.

My timing on Tuesday was 3 minutes off my target time. That's quite a lot to work on. I'm torn between doing long runs and intervals, because long runs are easier and can be done almost every day but aren't as effective as intervals, though I'll likely need rest days between interval trainings. I guess I'll probably be doing a mixture of both. I'll test my 2.4k once a week for the next month or so to chart my progress.

There's about a 0.01% chance I'll actually meet my target of 95 seconds per round on the track by mid-July but getting a C with 119 seconds per round shouldn't be too much of a problem barring any fresh injuries. I'll set my goal for the test to be in the middle of the two: 107 seconds per round.

I've missed running :)

-Jont

No comments:

Post a Comment