Tuesday, June 4, 2013

signing on

I think I've just signed on to twelfth coy.

I (kinda) attended LTC and I've learned a lot from speaking to many people. I got to know my year threes better, and I'm pleased that they are turning out fine. I do regret not getting to know the lot of them better. They're an awesome bunch. I always thought they weren't ready for admin (which cohort ever is?) but after this camp I can see that they're getting there. They have so much potential, and my mind is at rest. We've done our part in bringing them up. We haven't been the best admin to them, but it's their little idiosyncrasies that give their cohort character.

I want to be around to watch and help them settle into admin and beyond, but I need to focus on school work. These few months will define the rest of my life. I'll do what I can. Even next year, I'll be in the army and won't get to be around them much. But at least I'm assured that they are in good shape and in good hands.

I'm beginning to understand why everything has happened. Some things are not appropriate to be written here, but I can see the pieces of the puzzle falling into place. I think I have a calling to return to serve, though I'm not entirely certain yet. I'll continue to seek.

-Jont

No comments:

Post a Comment