PLC is over.
That was my last BB camp ever.
I'm going to miss BB so much. My life would be radically different without it. All of my closest friends are from BB (even my mortal enemy joined primers). It was BB that brought me back to and helped me get closer to God. And now all that is ending.
Although PLC ended on a rather not-terribly-happy note, I'm thankful for everything that happened. The year fives are a great bunch. I've known the bunch of them for over three years now and it was just amazing watching them grow from chubby little boys (dom!) to men of character who serve with a heart and who are so strong in God. Their cohort is so lucky to have such a dedicated and loving officer-in-charge, and to have been blessed with amazing juniors and new primers who are so passionate for God and for the people there.
I personally don't see the camp as a resounding success, since there were so many hiccups and changes to plan (hike was sloppy!). The spiritual blueprint was out rather late, and the devotionals were quite impromptu, the camp speaker didn't really touch much on the camp theme and the theme verse itself wasn't emphasised much either. But after talking to Dom on the bus and doing some thinking, I've found that despite all these failures on our part, God has managed to work and touch the lives of the year fives. This just shows how big our God is. We just need to ask, to believe, and God will use whatever little we have to offer and work in His own way.
ROD is coming soon. It's all ending too fast. I wish I had gotten to know my juniors better. Especially my year 3s. They're a great bunch, and if I could I would go back in time and get to know them better. I really hope we've prepared them adequately to take over as admin of the company. I think we could have done so much more for them as seniors. I look at how close the year fives are to the year twos and I just feel that we've failed as seniors to our year threes because we haven't shown enough love to them.
I wish I had gotten closer to my cohort mates too. They still feel pretty distant. But there's not much I can do now anyway. It's too late.
Dr Yong says I can come back to help after ROD. I'm considering it. But I have to think about my studies first. I will also have to think about which cohort to be attached to. I seem to be closer to the year fours than the year threes. I think this is a difficult period for them and I would love to be there to help in whatever way I can. But I also want to be there to help my year threes as they step up to becoming admin. The year twos are in pretty good hands, I believe :)
I don't know what will happen after BB ends. I just hope the friendships formed won't.
-Jont
No comments:
Post a Comment