Thursday, July 19, 2012

boarding and results

Moved into boarding school.

Nothing new, I guess. Been there in the past.

Got back my grades. I got 34 points. The breakdown is 556;765 (MEE;BmPC). I'm not terribly happy because I could have done better, like getting a 36 or even 38. That should have been within reach. But I guess it's okay, because it's the first exam I'm taking in IB. Plus, if I did well then I would get complacent and everything and end up not mugging in the future. I know I am capable of much more. I messed up my chinese and english, both of which I could easily have gotten a 6 for. That's two points lost and my heart feels heavy. I'll work harder for EOYs.

The highest in class was 36. I'm honestly quite shocked that no one got above that score. The girls especially. I expected them to do much better. They're quite a smart bunch. As for the guys, I guess we have to study much harder. At the rate we're going, there will be no 45 pointers come 2014.

I guess a 34 isn't terribly bad. But it isn't good either. I really need to work harder and smarter if I want to be above average. I'm making good progress I suppose, since I was consistently at the bottom of the class in year 2 and 3. Now I'm around the middle and with more effort I can reach the top.

I am constantly reminded of the Chinese idiom: 吃得苦中苦,方为人上人。

-Jont

No comments:

Post a Comment