Math port due is less than 48 hours. Ohnoes.
In other news, went to shoot the parent-teacher conference today. Quite interesting listening to teachers and parents discuss about teenagers for a change. Also good hearing from Dr Tan Yong Lai again. Some takeaways:
Success vs. Family: What is more important: jobs/grades/money or family? When kids are in school, their parents would be working. When parents choose to work instead of spending time with they kids, it sends the message that that kind of "success" is of more importance than family time. How can the line be drawn between a good work ethic and placing these "successes" in life over family?
Role Modelling: Even though I'm not a parent or teacher (yet?), I am still a role model to my juniors. How I conduct myself will influence their values, especially those who look up to me. "Your actions make you who you are, not your beliefs"
-Jont
No comments:
Post a Comment