Monday, February 6, 2012

yellow, blue, red, IB.

Sleep eludes me.

Well, just tonight. It's not even eleven but I'm terribly exhausted yet can't put myself to bed. I'm in the second week of school and it's already tiring. Maybe having half a million lectures a day is more tiring that one would think.

Anyway, JC life is so different from secondary school life. Everyone seems to have matured. It's weird, if a little scary. We're young adults now. We hang out at malls and go to Orchard Road and bowl and play pool and eat expensive things.

The change was too abrupt. One day we're a silly group of boys messing around in class in shorts and the next we're introduced to girls and something just changed. Long pants symbolise the lost boyhood. We're seniors now. We act that way.

Can't help but say that I walk around with an air of authority. The yellow tie, a holy grail in these parts, grants me the right to hold my nose up. I've been where you are now, children, and I've survived. Now I demand your respect.

Wild but true. People avoid me now. In short pants, anyone would pass me off as a sec 1. But now they go out of their way to get out of mine(?).

From this height, everything below appears childish. I cannot imagine myself once being like that. It seems too long ago when algebra only involved one power of x. I was a completely different person then.

But isn't this how life goes. We mature that little bit, look back and laugh. Rinse. Repeat. One day I'll look back on my IB life and wonder how I was ever this person who hung out at Orchard.

Only kids hang out at Orchard.

-Jont

No comments:

Post a Comment