Monday, September 9, 2013

on clothes

I don't think I'm materialistic or shallow but I think people should know how to dress properly. You can tell a lot about a person by how they present and carry themselves. Someone who bothers to dress nicely makes a far better impression than one who puts on whatever he finds first under his bed. Different occasions also call for different clothes. You can have lunch with me at a hawker centre in slippers and a singlet but that would be inappropriate for a restaurant in a hotel. It's not so much the clothes per se but the image of yourself that you portray. It's like personal hygiene: if you don't brush your teeth and make your hair look neat, what does it say about your attitude? If you don't bother to dress properly and want to look like a fool, then I don't really want to be seen with you. I have no business interacting with someone who has no self respect.

And you're sure as hell not going to my wedding or graduation.

Edit:

The same goes for how you take care of your body. If you're fat and laze around bitching about being overweight, then go and eat ten meals a day, then you deserve to be fat. Take pride in (not necessitating being proud or vain) your appearance. Why would you want to look horrible and be unhealthy if there was something you could do about it? If you can't afford a little discipline and self-control then you deserve to be looked down on.

-Jont

No comments:

Post a Comment