I've just completed my TOK essay (final(?) draft).
The laborious process of thinking through and writing and rewriting the damn thing has taken a few weeks, but the bulk of it has been in the past 48 hours. It has included a consultation with a (arguably pseudo-qualified) friend, a trip down to the office of a (arguably overqualified) tutor (for no discernible rational reason), a hasty midnight email, a mid-night reply and subsequent anxiety attack, and a day's abstinence from school to complete the essay.
Quite a journey.
I've come to the conclusion that some of our school-based tutors/instructors lack the necessary skills to impart knowledge from their respective fields (cough, TOK) to us effectively.
Sigh.
On a completely separate note, I think I've obtained a new perspective on life (if that's at all possible). I find myself more resigned, more accepting of things rather than attempting to correct or fight them. Perhaps it comes with repeated failures. Perhaps I've come to the conclusion that what happens will happen and it would be best to step outside of myself and simply observe instead of react.
I find myself increasingly self sufficient, and not craving the validation of others as much as before. Good, in a way. But bad as well, I imagine. If all relationships are temporal then it makes little sense to put unnecessary effort into maintaining them. If a pal wants to be difficult, let him wander off his own cliff and save my own breath.
It's three more days till I can drink, and I will lift my glass to the rejection of Disney ideals.
-Jont
No comments:
Post a Comment