Sunday, May 19, 2013

pig

I just watched My Life as McDull, a 2001 Hong Kong movie about McDull. I'll leave you to read up about it.

I didn't really get the point of the movie at first, since it kept jumping from one seemingly meaningless story to another, but by the end I felt it was a pretty good movie. On the surface, it tells of little events here and there in the life of a young pig, but by the end you realise the meaning behind each of the stories. The narrator uses events seen through the eyes of a child, to show how things are seen differently by him when he was a child and when he becomes an adult.

I guess when we look back now we can finally see things the way they really were since we've become more mature. All the things my parents did for me, to each other, as a family, I finally begin to understand. I don't blame them. I'm thankful for the joy I've had, even if it was kind of an illusion. But isn't everything to a child a happy thing? Maybe I would have liked this fabrication to last a while longer. Maybe it would be nice to forever see the world through innocent eyes. But I am where I am now, with more perspective and more caution. There's nowhere to move but forward, so let's just go along with it, yeah?

-Jont

No comments:

Post a Comment