Tuesday, November 27, 2012

times to remember

Well yes, it's been a while.

I've just gotten a new keyboard and I absolutely adore the sound it makes when I type on it. I've also acquired a more fancy vocabulary.

Went for my attachment with R&T last week. We didn't do much but it did remind me that it will soon be time to choose a career. I'll have to do my scholarship and university applications soon. It's quite scary knowing that soon school will be over and I'll be on my own. Office life sucks. I'll miss being able to go home at three. I'll miss being around friends. I really don't know what I want to do. Law seems like an interesting choice but I don't know if I'll enjoy it. It's a long and hard journey.

It's less than a week now till dad leaves for China. I don't know when he'll be back. Hopefully for Chinese New Year. If not then I'll visit him after my IB exams next year. I walked from Dom's house to my old place today, just like I did earlier this year (April I think) after going running with him one morning. It brought back so many memories. It didn't seem like too long ago when I got up ridiculously early on a Sunday morning (ridiculous for me) and went running with Dom. I remember that was the day after Liverpool beat Norwich City (Suarez hat trick, including a goal from near the centre line) and I was reading the news on the way there. Little did then-me know that things would turn out like that. I guess I had a clue already. I had wanted to stay in boarding during the first semester, but something inside me knew that I should stay at home with my parents because things weren't going to last very long. Sure enough, things folded along with the semester and I moved into boarding school in July.

Fast forward to today, and Liverpool have once again beaten Norwich with a Suarez hat trick. Dad's leaving in six days' time.

Had my housewarming last night and I gathered some of my friends for a barbecue. It had been a long time since I'd went out with a whole bunch of people I liked. As I sat there by the pool under the moonlight smelling the slightly-burnt chicken (thanks Shaun Low), it occurred to me that these are the people who would likely remain in my life for good. In twenty years' time, I would look back and these would be the memories I would treasure. Of course we'd be out of school by then, each with our own jobs and families to look after. But when we look back on our fast-disappearing childhood, these would be the times we'd remember.

-Jont

No comments:

Post a Comment