IB Chinese B exam is on Thursday. Have an attachment with Rajah & Tann the following week. One uneventful week, then off to Khon Kaen. A few days' rest, then BBSG. About a week, then Christmas. Move into boarding school.
2013.
************
Dad's leaving Singapore on the 2nd of December. He'll be leaving for good. My mother says he's bought a house in some obscure Chinese city but he denies it. I'll probably go visit him after my IB exams next year if he's still around.
Saturday, 18 June 1994 to Wednesday, 28 November 2012 is 18 years, 5 months and 10 days, or just 6738 days.
************
My friend asked me if I would ever play maple again. My response was:
that period of my life is over...
now is the time i think about my EE and TOK and whether i should apply to singapore or oversea universities and where to get scholarships from
I guess that pretty much sums up the changes that have taken place this year. The times of being young and stupid and generally screwing around are over. I've moved to a new place and am starting a new life. Right now my priorities are making sure I do well in IB and getting a place in a good university, hopefully with a scholarship. There's a whole lot that lies ahead. I don't think I've changed much this year but my life definitely has. I'll be alone more, since dad's moved to China and mum won't be in Singapore much.
I'm still kinda sad that I've drifted away from all my friends. For the two younger ones, I guess it's my fault. I've entered IB and everything that it entails just leaves me less time to talk to them. The younger one is also growing up in his own way and finding his other friends. My ex-classmates now have their new classmates to hang out with.
I guess I'm still stuck in last year. I haven't found a close group of friends in my new class and I don't see myself doing that next year either. There's a few people whom I can't stand and a few people who can't stand me. It used to bother me but now it doesn't any more. I'm just there to study and I know I can do well for IB if I just put in the effort. I'll be indifferent when IB ends and we part ways. I have other friends from BB (minus a few people).
I really don't know what the future holds. I don't know what or where I'll study in 2016. I don't know how many people I call friends now will still be by my side in a few years' time. It's exciting, in a way, but it's also scary. I'll just have to trust in God.
I've had a family for 6402 days and now I have none. I have myself and I'm ready for the future.
Let's go.
-Jont
No comments:
Post a Comment