Sunday, December 4, 2011

small theory

I've been feeling quite down lately.

Started a little before OYC, but during the camp itself i cheered up a little. After that went downhill again.

My Dell laptop's screen was acting up so now I'm stuck using my old HP. I hate it when several bad things happen in a short period of time and it just adds up and annoys you to death. Everything seems to be messing up these hols (some premonition about IB, i hope not)

I find it quite ironic that I'm always the guy who reminds everyone that life's unfair and to suck it up, yet somewhere inside me is still lies the hope that if I do good then good would happen to me. Maybe there's something in our nature that tries to justify what happens in the world by blaming it on action or inaction on our part. Maybe there is no real answer and this is how we compensate not being able to know.

On an unrelated note, I've exhausted the Lie To Me DVDs, and am now starting on the Big Bang Theory. There was one episode in season one where I felt I could relate to Leonard. That was during the halloween party where he was trying to hit on Penny but her ex boyfriend, some big buff guy ,showed up. Sometimes I feel like Leonard when everyone around me is big and tall and just generally pushes me around. And as expected, Lenny gets bullied and retreats to his apartment. This world simply doesn't favour the small.

What's the use of being smart? You're useless.

-Jont

2 comments:

  1. Presence, not physique, is what determines size. And what's the use of being smart? Ensuring that you're not useless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Human nature's irrational. Life isn't unfair - it's cruel. Much like how a storm or hurricane is cruel. It's not unfair- it doesn't even exist in that particular realm.

    And, as cliched as it is, hindsight is 20/20, or 6/6 if you prefer the metric - foresight, on the other hand, doesn't exist. The closest alternatives are speculation and deduction, which are about accurate as transferring water between thimbles from the top of a skyscraper.

    And that was a rather drifting piece of text.

    ReplyDelete