I think year six is quite difficult. Well, it's supposed to be. But I'm still stuck in last year and not doing a lot of work. Time to change that. Soon.
Today (Monday) was a holiday declared by our dear school. Here's what I've been up to the past few days.
Saturday:
Morning: went for a Youth Leaders' Forum/Our SG Conversation where we discussed Singapore and her goods/bads/whatevers and our hopes for the future. Went pretty ok I guess. Presented our ideas to Minister for Education Mr Heng SK. Quite cool. I have some things to write about this but maybe I'll pen them down another time.
Afternoon: joined the year fives and twos for a retreat at ECP. Went cycling for a bit, until the rain came and kinda ruined their plans for a BBQ. Left before they managed to get anything going. Hope it went well.
Night: went to Jalan Besar Stadium with Dr Yong, Ting Yu, and Zhicong to watch the LionsXII play Selangor! This was my first time watching a (proper) football match live in a stadium and it was pretty cool. The atmosphere was great and we had a good time yelling and cheering and just having fun. Went to Lavender Food Centre for some expensive wanton mee.
Sunday:
Went to Chun Yi's house in the evening to watch Man U-Liverpool. Don't wanna talk about it :( Quite fun though!
Monday:
Went to Ryan Teh's house in the afternoon. Played some games on his Wii then went to the park nearby to throw disc and mess around. Ben Lui was there too. Ryan's brother is damn cute hehe. Kinda makes me want to have a brother as well. Kinda late though. Sigh.
It was nice going to my friends' houses and seeing their families. I envy people with proper families. They have a nice proper childhood instead of just being left alone with a pile of bricks and some books. I like how their parents actually talk to each other. And it just occurred to me this weekend that many of my friends have a family portrait at home. How sweet. How nice it must be to be able to return to a home with warmth and love.
I'm going to give my children a proper family. I swear. They're going to grow up properly. They'll be allowed feel love in a place they're comfortable in and where there aren't numbers of divorce lawyers stuck on the fridge.
-Jont
No comments:
Post a Comment