We had the privilege of talking and eating (a lot!) with the Executive Director of BB Thailand*, as well as the Brigade President** and a few other important people as well. I learned that this year has been one of change for the Boys' Brigade in Thailand. Many new programmes are being introduced, and I personally feel amazed that 12(I) is playing quite a big part in helping support it.
I think that the next few years will be one of change for BB Thailand. Also in Khon Kaen itself, where revival may very well take place in the near future. I feel that there is so much we as a company, and also as individuals can do to support it!
Dear reader, please pray for the ministry there. Pray for the city of Khon Kaen, that God's will will be done there; that people's hearts, especially youths' hearts, will be open and receptive to God's word. Pray that the Chruch there will continue to grow, and that it will be supported by its congregation both spiritually and financially.
Pray also for Mr Evan Yap, who is a full time missionary there. Some background on Evan: he was a former 12(I) boy, who gave up a comfortable life in Singapore to do God's work in Khon Kaen. He works as a part-time teacher at the local university, and also runs a youth group for some kids, among other things. Pray that God will give him strength to continue doing His work there, and also that he will continue to be supported by people there as well as people back here in Singapore. Pray that God will continue to provide for him there and that his work will not be hindered by the evil one.
Pray for BB Thailand, as it undergoes new changes and is working to create an ever greater impact on boys in Thailand. Pray that its leaders will be given wisdom in making decisions, and that it will be supported financially by individual donors and oversea companies like ours. Pray that it will be successful in achieving its mission to advance the Christ's Kingdom among boys, among other things.
Pray also for KKCS, that they will soon raise enough money to complete construction of the roof, so the building won't flood every time it rains, and also that they will have enough money to fully construct and furnish the top two levels of the building into a chapel and an activity area for the children.
I would like to take this opportunity to request that you help me in my project to raise funds to support Evan in his work in Khon Kaen. I have bought some things back from there, and will be selling it here, with all proceeds going to help support Evan. If you would like to make a personal donation to KKCS or to BB Thailand, contact me and I will help you get info on how you may do so.
I think that the next few years in Khon Kaen and in BB Thailand will be an exciting one, as God uses more people than ever before to start a wave of change beginning with youths: the next generation. I will be returning in December, so in the meantime, do join me in prayer for them!
-Jont
*The executive director is a Mr Lam, who was a former officer of 12(I) as well!
**The brigade president is also head of Khon Kaen Christian School (KKCS), where we held our English camp.
**The brigade president is also head of Khon Kaen Christian School (KKCS), where we held our English camp.
No comments:
Post a Comment